Today we began vocabulary centers. Students will complete the centers during NBI this week. If they are not completed they will be homework. Vocabulary words were attached to agendas.
Wednesday we will be going to the computer lab to research a national park and how it was impacted by weathering and erosion. We will continue this assignment on Thursday in class while rotating through labs.
Friday 8/26- Quiz on Chemical and Mechanical Weathering
Friday 9/2-Vocabulary Quiz 2 ( see attached vocabulary words)
1. Erosion -The process in which sediment is picked up and moved from one place to another.
2. Acid Rain- Rain that has become more acidic due to pollution or from a volcano eruption.
3. Mass wasting-The downhill movement of loose rock or soil.
4. Deposition-The process in which material is laid down
5. Floodplain-A flat area of land on either side of a stream that becomes flooded when a river overflows its banks.
6. Delta-An area of land at the end, or mouth, of a river that is formed by the buildup of sediment.
7. Barrier island-A long narrow island that develops parallel to a coast as a sandbar builds up above the water’s surface.
8. Glacier-A large mass of ice that exists year-round and moves over land.
9. Weathering-breaking down of rock
10. Exfoliation-rock weather by peeling off in sheets
Welcome ! I’m so happy to be your 6th grade science teacher this year.
I have been a teacher for nine years at Fannin County Middle School.
I am married with two children. Connor is six and August is two. We also have a cute little dog named Laney.
I can't wait to learn all about you about you!
See you in class.