Vocabulary Quiz 2/24
Ocean Floor Projects Due 2/27- information has been given to students. We will work on this in class, but they may need to finish up at home.
1. Barometer- An instrument that measures air pressure in the atmosphere.
2. Relative humidity- The comparison of the amount of water vapor in the air with the maximum amount of water vapor that can be present in air at that temperature.
3. Convection current- A circulation pattern in which material is heated and rises, then cools and sinks.
4. Sleet-Small pellets of ice that form when rain passes through a layer of cold air.
5. Radiation- Energy that travels across distances as certain types of waves.
6. Atmosphere-The mixture of gases that surround the earth.
7. Conduction-The transfer of heat energy from one substance to another through direct contact.
8. Jet Stream- Wind that flows in the upper troposphere from west to east over vast distances at great speeds.
9. Altitude-The distance above sea level.
10. Ozone- A gas molecule that consists of three oxygen atoms. It protects us from UV rays.
Welcome ! I’m so happy to be your 6th grade science teacher this year.
I have been a teacher for nine years at Fannin County Middle School.
I am married with two children. Connor is six and August is two. We also have a cute little dog named Laney.
I can't wait to learn all about you about you!
See you in class.